This was an Early Befehlstiger built in around January 1943 and it was the oldest Tiger possessed by s.Pz.Abt.505. It had the 1.4-meter-wide turret bin, its rear track cable had a narrow layout, and it had the 5-part gun cleaning rod; in other words, it was the type of Tiger issued weeks earlier to Waffen-SS Tiger companies. Its tube for star antennas was attached to its rear right side. A spare track rack was on its hull front. It had the standard mantlet. The loader's hatch was the welded type and the cupola had the 505's usual modification to let the hatch lie flat. At one time this tank had barbed wire on its sides and two custom stowage boxes on its rear. By the end of its service it had tool racks added to its superstructure front. This Tiger was the battalion commander's tank until June 1943, and it returned to that role later, remaining the lead tank until April 1944.