This was one of the first Late Tigers, retaining the travel lock and 25mm turret roof. The crew added a frame basket to the left turret rear. Issued to s.Pz.Abt.504, it first went into action on 23 June 1944 as one of the Tigers that met the American 1st Armoured Division. In that battle it was destroyed by internal explosions and abandoned. It's unclear what exactly happened because the tank was facing away from the enemy when found.