Tiger "211" of s.Pz.Abt. 504 lies on a roadside 5km east of Caltagirone. It was destroyed by its German crew on 13 July 1943. This side of the tank is blackened by fire; an explosive charge placed on the engine has blasted the hatch off. The crew did not take the time to rotate the turret; they merely opened the hatch a few inches so their explosive could be inserted. Now, the hatch lies on the ground behind the tank, and the hinged panel that held it can be seen lying on the engine.