This Tiger has not been identified, but it can be seen in another photo of abandoned Tigers which has been reliably located 2.5km northwest of the village of Saline. It is therefore one of the 22 Tigers that were lost on the retreat of s.Pz.Abt. 504 to Pontedera on 30 June 1944.
An American engineer is installing marker poles to make the road safer for the large volumes of supply vehicles that will travel this way as the Allied armies advance. The underside of the Tiger is interesting; it has the two round hatches characteristic of the old HL210 engine, but its heater port and additional hatches tell us that it was finished in 1944 with a HL230 engine. It is probably an old Tiger that was returned to the factory for refurbishing.