When the 504 battalion entered the fighting in Tuscany in June 1944, they were soon making great efforts to recover their Tigers. These two tanks were towed here for possible repair; the distant one is Tiger "200". This place is the road just north of Massa Marittima. The Germans had to abandon these Tigers when American forces took the town on 25 June. Now, this Tiger has been partially whitewashed as an obstacle or road marker. The turret probably reads "IV Corps".